“Delhi will grow to almost twice its existing size from 82,300 hectares to 148,300 hectares.”
With an ever increasing population, Delhi has witnessed a rapid growth in urbanization. To sustain and keep pace with this tremendous growth, a regulating agency – DDA has unlock land for urbanization in a controlled manner through the various master plans. The zones planned for development include J, L, N, PI and PII.
Not only the development in these zones would provide housing solution to individual buyers, investors and occupiers but at the same time, it is expected to provide potential source of business for Developers, Funds and Financial Institutions, Contractors, Landlords (including Farmers) and other market constituents. The MPD – 2021 brings about a crucial change wherein developer entity's role has been considered in the process of land acquisition and development in Delhi has been implemented by including the policy of Public – Private Partnership through land pooling policy envisaged under MPD - 2021.
- » All zones to be developed as Integrated Townships.
- » 4 new University Campuses in the new zones.
- » 200 Hectares of International Class Sports ComplexesIntegrated Office Complexes in each zone.
- » New norms for commercial re-development of Industrial Areas and Healthcare Industry.
5TH SEPTEMBER 2013
The Land Pooling Policy is based on the concept of Land Pooling where in the land parcels owned by individuals or group of owners are legally consolidated by transfer of ownership rights to the designated Land Pooling Agency, which later transfers the ownership of the part of land back to the land owners for undertaking of development for such areas.
- 1.Land Pooling Agency (LPA) means the Delhi Development Authority, designated to implement the Land Pooling Policy for integrated planned development as per the Master Plan provisions with minimum interventions.
- 2.Developer Entity (DE) means an individual land owner, or a group of land owners (who has grouped together of their own will for this purpose) or a developer, permitted to pool the land in an identified area.
- 3.Each land owner to get an equitable return irrespective of land uses assigned to their land in the Zonal Development Plan (ZDP) with minimum displacement of existing land.
- 4.Land Transfer Certificate means the certificate issued by the LPA in respect of exchange of land between the Developer Entity (DE) and the Land Pooling Agency.
- 1.DDA shall be responsible for external development in a time bound manner.
- 2. Declaration of areas under land pooling and preparation of Layout plans and sector plans, superimposition of revenue maps on the approved zonal plans in a time bound manner.
- 3. Time bound development of identified land with master plan roads, provision of physical infrastructure such as water supply, sewerage and drainage, provision of social
- 4. infrastructure and traffic and transportation infrastructure including metro corridors.
- 5.Acquisition of left out land pockets in a time bound manner shall only be taken up wherever the persons are not coming forward to participate in development through land pooling.
- 1. There are two categories of Land Pooling where in Category – I minimum land is 20 Ha (50Acres) or above and in Category-II minimum 2 Ha (5 Acres) of land is required.
- 2. The Land returned to the Developer Entity (DE) in Category – I will be 60% and 40% will be retained by DDA and in Category-II the DE will get 48% and DDA will retain 52% of the land.
- 3. a.The distribution of land returned to DE (60%) in terms of land use in Category-I will be 53% Gross Residential, 2% City Level Public/Semi Public and 5% City Level Commercial.
- b.In Category – II the land returned to DE(48%) will be 43% Gross Residential, 2% City Level Public/Semi Public and 5% City Level Commercial.
- 4. Residential FAR of 400 shall be for Group Housing and FAR of 250 for City Level Commercial and City Level Public/Semi Public with a maximum ground coverage of 40%.
- 5. Incentives for Green Building norms as per MPD-2021 to be applicable to Group Housing developed under this policy.
- 6.EWS housing unit size will range between 32 – 40sqm.